About the Startup PH Website
The Startup PH Portal is a platform developed by the Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT), in coordination with the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) and the Department of Science and Technology (DOST), which serves as a central repository of information on statistics, events, programs, and benefits for startups and startup enablers. The platform also aims to bring together key government agencies, startups, and startup enablers fostering collaboration leading to the promotion and development of the startup ecosystem in the Philippines.
About the Philippine Startup Development Program (PSDP)
The Philippine Startup Development Program (PSDP) is composed of programs, benefits, and incentives for startups and startup enablers promulgated through the respective mandates of national government agencies, and through additional mandates provided by the provisions of R.A. 11337, or the “Innovative Startup Act”.
The Program aims to achieve the following:
- Support the research and development of startups and startup enablers in the Philippines;
- Support and promote the access to startup development programs, such as, but not limited to, capacity building, exchange programs, and expert training courses, offered locally and internationally for startups, startup enablers, and the implementers of the Program;
- Support and promote the participation of startups in international competitions and conferences integral to the promotion of the Philippine startup ecosystem;
- Support the participation of startups in local and international events which aim to link them to potential investors, mentors, collaborators, and customers;
- Support the collaboration of startups, startup enablers, national government agencies, local government units, public and private academic institutions, and industry partners to develop innovative products, processes or business models which may be utilized in the delivery of public services, programs, or projects of host agencies;
- Support the development and growth of enterprises whose innovative product, service, or business model is integral to creating a competitive startup community in the Philippines;
- Develop and amend policies and regulations to address or remove undue restrictions in the implementation of the Program, and in the development, establishment, and growth of startups and startup enablers to promote ease of doing business.